Howdy, folks! We’ve got some great quotes and a bit of background on each of our “authors” of today’s cleaning quotables. Something fun and enlightening for this Friday morning!
- Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing. —Phyllis Diller
Phyllis Ada Driver, better known as Phyllis Diller, was an American actress and stand-up comedienne, best known for her eccentric stage persona, her self-deprecating humor, her wild hair and clothes, and her exaggerated, cackling laugh.
- My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. —Erma Bombeck
Erma Louise Bombeck was an American humorist who achieved great popularity for her newspaper column that described suburban home life from the mid-1960s until the late 1990s. Bombeck also published 15 books, most of which became bestsellers.
- I’m not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on. —Roseanne Barr
Roseanne Cherrie Barr is an American actress, comedian, writer, and television producer. Best known for her sitcom Roseanne.
- There was no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn’t get any worse. —Quentin Crisp
Quentin Crisp was an English writer and raconteur. From a conventional suburban background, Crisp enjoyed wearing make-up and painting his nails.
- The best time for planning a book is while you’re doing the dishes. —Agatha Christie
Dame Agatha Mary Clarissa Christie, Lady Mallowan, DBE was an English crime novelist, short story writer, and playwright.
Thanks for joining us! We hope these quotes made you crack a smile! But, if any of them made you think, “Oh, my! I need to go home and do the dishes! I need to go home and vacuum!” Or anything like that… Please keep in mind you can always give us a call and we’ll do the dirty work for you; we’ll help you take back your weekends!