Fall Cleanup Checklist — Get Ready for Winter!
Autumn is here! The leaves are looking beautiful and one-by-one they're dropping to the ground. Halloween has come and gone and Thanksgiving is on the horizon -- after that, it's winter! "Spring cleaning" is a big deal and, in this writer's opinion, TONS of fun -- but when winter comes you'll be spending a LOT more time indoors, so why not do some fall cleaning!
What can you do to prepare?
- Check the caulk around your windows and doors.
- Clean and store patio furniture, umbrellas, outdoor toys, etc.
- Check the exterior doors -- do they close tightly? If not, consider installing weather stripping.
- Drain and store your garden hoses.
- Check your gutters and downspouts! Get all those leaves out now, and it will save you a lot of trouble in the future. Consider installing or replacing"gutter guards."
- Focus on cleaning up the "public" parts of the house where people will be spending the most time.
- Prepare your kitchen for holiday cooking! Any appliance taking up valuable counter-space that you haven't used in the past few weeks -- consider putting it away and freeing up space.
- Pull your refrigerator away from the wall and vacuum those dusty coils!
- Replace your central air conditioning filters and buy new filters to last you through the winter -- consider replacing those filters every month during those times your central air system is getting a TON of use. This will cut down on your electricity bill and ensure you're breathing in air less laden with dust and debris.
- Stock up on de-icing salt and, if necessary, a new snow shovel now. Why wait until the conditions are dangerous and those supplies are flying off the shelves?
Well, there you have it, folks! Get ready now and you'll be ready to settle into a nice, cozy winter. And if you'd like a hand with cleaning up the house? Give us a call and we'll be happy to do the cleaning while you relax in your cozy home with your family!